Thursday, January 9, 2014

Crepes - New recipe and pan


I love crepes. They are a family favorite both in my family and that of my husbands. I have been searching for a good crepe pan for quite a while. My husband bought me the new Orgreenic fry pan and I love it. I followed the instructions for seasoning before my first use. I made eggs the other day and realized that this pan would be ideal for crepes. I searched on pinterest for a great crepe recipe and found this one.I always "tweak" recipes a bit to make them my own. 

Basic Crepe Recipe

1 1/2 cup milk (I used evaporated milk instead)
2 T canola oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/8 t salt
paper towels or waxed paper to put in between crepe layers

Put all the ingredients in a blender in the order listed.  Cover and process at high speed
until smooth.  With a spatula, scrape the sides of the blender down a few times so that everything is incorporated. (I don't have a full sized blender so I used my handmixer on high speed. I then let the batter rest for about an hour or two in the refrigerator before use.
If using a  8" or 9"skillet:
Pour in about 1/4 cup batter into the very warm skillet (medium to medium-high heat) and quickly rotate the pan to move the batter all around forming a very thin 'pancake' on the bottom of the pan. When the edges pull away from the side of the pan it's time to flip. Take a knife or spatula and gentle lift crepe up to loosen it. Flip it over and  let the other side get a moment of heat. When finished, stack cooked crepes with waxed paper or paper towel between layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment