Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Getting Organized - Family Binder

As hard as I try, there are some things that I can just never keep my hands on. When tax time rolls around, we are always scrambling to find the user id and password. I am normally good at remembering birthdays but sometimes, they slip past me. I decided to compile a binder to contain all of this necessary information in one place.

The first section is finances. I created a budget sheet that I printed out for this binder. My husband often says that he has no idea what's going on with our bills and bank account. This way, he'll be able to see at a glance where we're at for the pay period.

Here's the sheet I created:
My husband and I get paid on the same day. I chose to split the sheet by pay periods to make things easier. The misc income is for the cakes or crafts that I do. You'll notice that I added date night as part of this sheet. I find myself compromising our dates due to finances. Spending time with your spouse is so important! Just because you're married doesn't mean that you should stop dating.

Now for the other part of this financial sheet: DUE DATES! We get paid every other Friday. These dates change every month. The bills don't have changing dates. They are set. I try to plan according to when we are paid and when the bills are due.

No comments:

Post a Comment