Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review of Spirit of Lost Angels by Liza Perrat

The story of Victoire Charpentier was gripping. Reading of her struggles during the French revolutions, made this book difficult to put down. From the death of her mother and father and twin siblings, Victoire's quest for greatness was met with much struggle and heartache. The birth of her sweet Rubie had to be bittersweet. As a birthmother, I know of the decision making process that goes behind choosing a better life for your baby. Victoire was finally able to rise above her poverty thanks to a dear friend. As a playwright, Victoire took her political views to the stage. She knew of the danger that her life was in due to her connections and plays.

The author, Liza Perrat, paid close attention to detail in her description of the sights and smells of this early revolutionary time. I look forward to future books in this series.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment