Friday, November 29, 2013

Review - Behind the Albergue Door: Inspiration Agony Adventure on the Camino de Santiago

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I knew that I would never hike the Spanish pilgrimage route of the Camino de Santiago. I would like to travel to Spain one day. I found this book to be 2 in 1. There was an awesome story as well as sound advice.

The story: The author did not spare details when describing this journey. His fascinating memoirs had me wondering what would happen next. I enjoyed hearing about the meals, albergues, and fellow hikers. It made me wonder if this trek is something I'd like to add to my bucket list.

The advice: The words of wisdom shared regarding clothing, money, electronics, etc can apply to anyone planning an outdoor adventure. I never thought that a poncho would be better than a backpack cover.

My conclusion: It's a great read for someone wishing to escape a while, whether virtually or in reality.

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment