Sunday, March 16, 2014

Another freezer meal - Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

I found this recipe on pinterest and have adapted it for my use.

For the sauce: I added 2 slices of the swiss cheese as well as 2 T of parmesan cheese. I made sure that my milk was warm NOT COLD before adding to the sauce.
For the topping: I used half butter and half olive oil. I also added 1 T of parmesan cheese
For the meat: I used sliced ham that was leftover from a previous meal. I also just cooked several chicken breasts to use for the chicken layer.

 I think I used 6-7 breasts of chicken for these two pans. The ham was 4 slices each and were chopped coarsely.
 One package of cheese did both pans.
 The sauce is a standard white sauce with pepper, mustard, lemon juice and cheeses added.
 Topping! Bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese, olive oil and butter.
Look at all those layers of deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment