Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Dreambaby's Furniture Anchors Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

My friends TV fell and broke the other day. Her 6 year old son, K, was trying to adjust the volume and knocked over the TV in the process. I was thinking, Ooops! I should have told her about the Dreambaby's Furniture Anchors. Thankfully K was safe and not injured. These new flat screen TVs are just as dangerous as the old tube models. Yes, they are lighter weight. They are also easier to tip over. We have 3 flat screen Tvs in our home. One is on top of the corner mantel. One is wall mounted in the master bedroom. The 3rd and smallest is in the kids room. My boys are 10 almost 11. I don't worry much about the damage a falling TV could do to them. But, I am aware that accidents can happen. The TV could be knocked over (as in K's situation) and could possibly drop and break a bone. 

My other thought with these Dreambaby's Furniture Anchors was emergency preparedness. When I moved from California to Utah for college, I was happy to enjoy the mountains and be free from the earthquakes. I was in the Bay Area when the 1989 earthquake hit and have very vivid memories from the days following. You could only imagine my dismay as I sat in a geology class and learned that my university was sitting on a fault line. I now know that I need to secure my furniture as a safety precaution in case of an earthquake. We have had a few minor shakes. It's a good reminder to stay prepared. As part of my home decor, I have a very tall bookcase that houses my husbands prized sports memorabilia. This bookcase is heavy. Although it is in the office and not in any of the main living spaces, I have still anchored it. I also anchored our dressers. 

Now it's your turn. Leave a comment below to enter the giveaway for your own set. 

  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment