Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Star Wars Bedroom Reveal

After over a year, I am proud to announce that the twins Star Wars bedroom is COMPLETE. When the boys came for last years visit, we had a different bunkbed and they refused to sleep on it. Rich and I decided that a twin over full bunk would be a better option in case the twins room needs to act as a guest room. The bed building process was quite complicated. We found plans online. The issue was that they were wrong. There was lots of improvising to make it all work. Thankfully, both Rich and my dad's came to help with the build. We also lucked out in being able to borrow a Kreg Jig from Rich's brother. Now I want to buy one for myself ;) The painting process too longer than anticipated since we were painting bare wood. We're received numerous compliments since completion. I wasn't ready to show it off until the final painting was done and the blankets had been made. Yes, I made both comforters with the help of my mom and aunt. The blankets that I wanted to purchase from Pottery Barn Kids were discontinued. I couldn't even find any for sale on Amazon or Ebay. I had to choose a different option. Of course the cute fabric I found was extremely difficult to match. Then there was the ceiling fan. We had found an awesome Galaxy fan at Home Depot. Unfortunately, it was too big. I still wanted the fan to incorporate the Star Wars theme. We bought Star Wars Lego keychains and attached them to the fan pull chain.







No comments:

Post a Comment