Sunday, August 14, 2016

Raingutter Regatta

Last month's pack meeting was an awards ceremony for all of the achievements earned at day camp. The next few pack meetings will be more fun. We are doing the raingutter regatta this month and a bike rodeo in September. We chose September for the bike rodeo since it's a great time to remember bike rules as the boys head back to school. I was thrilled for the opportunity to coordinate a raingutter regatta since I've never done one before.

I immediately took to pinterest. I loved the idea of the pool noodle boats. I figure it's an inexpensive option. We have hundreds of Popsicle sticks to use as the mast. We decided that small fun foam sheets would work great as the sail.

We have a regatta track already from a previous event.


I cut pool noodles into 4 inch lengths.


I then cut them in half.


They scouts will have two options of how to build their boats. I'm curious to see which they choose.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment