Sunday, September 25, 2016

General Conference is coming

LDS General Conference is my two favorite weekends of the year. I am so grateful to have a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to provide a living prophet. The six sessions of General Conference provide such wonderful insight and guidance.

I have two favorite sessions. General Conference starts with the Women's session for all women/girls from 8 years old and up. The talks given are geared towards women and personalized for our needs. I also love the Saturday afternoon session. It's always fun to hear the statistics of our church, new callings, and announcements of new temples.

My family has a few traditions for General Conference. I love my mom's cinnamon rolls. She makes them for the Sunday morning session. We all gather together for the Music and the Spoken Word and eat breakfast. My brother in law always sends us a picture of my nephews in a tent. They make blanket tents for the kids to watch Conference from.

I love the many ideas online for making the most of the General Conference weekend. One of my favorites is packets which contain pages to take notes.

ALL NEW Ultimate LDS General Conference Activity Packet | from…:

I have been browsing ideas for gifts to take to the sisters that I visit teach. I like the kits but there are other options I'm considering as well.

General Conference Idea: let the words of the prophet become music to your ears.: Handout before October general conference. "Harvest the valuable pieces from…:

M&M General Conference:

General Conference Treat {Motivator}. Just add lemonade. FREE PRINTABLE TAGS by…:

No comments:

Post a Comment