Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mixed Emotions for Mother's Day

Throughout my adult life, Mother's Day has been a struggle for me. As I grow older, it only seems to get worse. You may wonder why I am not a fan of Mother's Day since I have an amazing mom and my grandma is still alive and well.

Reason 1  - Megan

   She'll be 16 this year. I was 19 when I became pregnant. I was in college and engaged to my best friend. When I let him know that I was pregnant, everything fell apart. He told me that he wasn't ready to be a dad and could not help me. My parents were supportive but let me know that she was my responsibility and not theirs. I made the difficult decision to place Megan for adoption. I felt that she needed a stay at home mom and dedicated father. I was able to find the perfect parents. Five days after Megan was born, she was placed for adoption. I haven't seen her since. I'm looking forward to the day when we can be reunited.



Reason 2 - Bry and Gib

   I am now a second mom (I hate the term STEP mom) to twin 10 year old boys. I love them more than I ever thought possible. I will admit that there is transition period when they visit for the summer. I'm sure it's hard for them to leave behind their mom and brothers. I wish we were able to have more time together than just summer vacation. It is difficult since they live in Kentucky and airfare is quite expensive. We have often debated moving closer to have weekend visitation and be more involved in their lives.



Reason 3 - TTC

   It's been a year since I stopped taking birth control. I'll be 36 soon and am obviously running out of time to have a baby. It took Rich and his ex wife several years to have the twins. We've been married for 3 1/2 years but only trying for 1. I know that there is a baby girl out there for us. I just don't know how she's coming. Will we adopt? Will we do foster care? Will I get pregnant? There are so many questions and so far, no answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment