Thursday, April 30, 2015

Eating healthier

I am really trying to eat healthier. I'll admit that I do struggle still but at least I'm making some changes right?

One of my biggest changes is in drinking more water. I downloaded an app called "Water Your Body." You enter in some information and the app displays how much you should be drinking on a daily basis. You get a reminder every two hours. At first, I had the audio notifications on and didn't realize it. The reminder sounds like pouring water. I now have it just on vibrate since my phone can't be on at work.

I have a hard time with drinking plain water. The water must also be ice cold. My mom is big on DoTerra essential oils. One of her friends introduced me to "Citrus Bliss." I love adding this to my water. It adds just enough flavor. I also carry Lime and Lemon.

I have a cute reusable cup that I got from my parents. They bought it in a pack of six at Costco. I use it mostly when I am away from home. I have found that the reusable straws aren't as durable as the cups. I was able to buy replacement straws at Gordman's.
For the eating part, I'm working on fixing my snack foods and adding veggies to my meals. I've been eating lots of rice cakes lately. They help with my carb cravings and are easy to pack for work.
Last but not least, the veggies. I LOVE roasted vegetables. I've experimented with broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, potatoes and carrots. It's amazing the flavor that results from tossing in olive oil and light salt and pepper. I almost always add a bit of parmesan cheese and omit the salt.

This is a simple side dish.


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Wash your veggies.
Cut into bit sized chunks.
Toss with olive oil and desired seasonings.
Line cookie sheet with foil, shiny side up.
Pour veggies onto pan.
Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Take out of the oven and toss around to loosen any stuck pieces.
Return to oven for additional 10-15 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved.
Serve while hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment