Monday, March 31, 2014

Recipes for the Freezer Meals

I have come to realize that when I posted my freezer meals, no recipes for the meals were included! I'm so sorry! So please refer back to this for pictures.

Broccoli Cheddar Chicken

This meal became one of my favorites as an employee at Cracker Barrel. I decided that I needed to figure out the recipe to enjoy it at home.

2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
2 cups frozen broccoli pieces (I prefer the tops only)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
2 T shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c crushed butter crackers or bread crumbs
2 tsp parmesan cheese
2 T butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In an 8 in square dish, add chicken pieces, broccoli, cheddar cheese and soup. Stir to combine.

In a separate bowl, melt butter in microwave. Add crackers/crumbs and parmesan cheese. Toss until moistened.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.

Variation: Add leftover rice to chicken and broccoli mixture as shown in the picture.


Chicken Enchiladas

Growing up, we had two kinds of enchiladas. They were either chicken or beef. I preferred the beef with red sauce but was told they were too expensive. I grew to love creamy chicken enchiladas.

2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 small can green chilis
1/2 c cooked rice, optional
1 cup plus 3 T shredded cheese of your choice, I prefer Monterrey Jack
7-10 flour tortillas
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of green chili enchilada sauce

In a small bowl, combine chicken soup and enchilada sauce. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, chilis, rice (if desired) and 1 cup cheese. Add 1-2 T of the soup mixture until the chicken mixture sticks together.

Add 1/4 c filling to each tortilla and roll. (I fold in each end first and then roll) Repeat until filling is gone. The amount of tortillas needed will vary based on the amount of the filling used per tortilla.

Pour 1/3 cup of the soup into the bottom of a greased 8 inch square pan. Add enchiladas. Top with remaining soup and sprinkle reserved cheese on top.

You can choose to freeze the meal at this point.

Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment