Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ladder - Spring edition

I have wanted a ladder for quite some time. I found one at my new favorite craft supply store Wood Creations.

I stained it a beautiful brown. (not to shabby for my first staining project) I then used eye hooks for the decor. Let me tell you. I searched high and low for silver cup hooks (Home Depot, amazon, etsy) but could not find what I wanted. I went back to wood creations for help only to find that they used eye hooks and then opened the eye to form the hook. Brilliance!

I bought a pack of items for the spring ladder which included all of the cut outs and the vinyl lettering. I painted them and added the papers. I was surprised to find that I did not have pink or yellow in my paint collection. Oh well, thankfully the acrylic that I use is only 50 cents at WalMart.

Here is the painting process:

The ladder is now mostly finish but I'd like to add some embellishments.


No comments:

Post a Comment