Monday, May 5, 2014

My amazing mom, Gail

May is an extra special time for my family. I get to celebrate my mom twice in one month. Her birthday is today. She is now 60 years old! She hates that reminder but I can't resist.

Our relationship over the past 6 years has been better than ever before. Don't laugh. I honestly came to the realization that my mom had been right all of those years. We still have our disagreements but hardly a day passes without a phone call.

My childhood was difficult. I dealt with depression from the age of 8 and was often bullied. My mom was left to raise us while my dad traveled with the Coast Guard. Mom and I argued quite a bit throughout my younger years and well into my 20s. I was trying to find myself and didn't want her interfering. I know she was frustrated with my moods and didn't know how to deal with it. It was hard for her to have two young children so far from family. She obviously did her best. I don't know how she survived it. My brother and I both were a trial.

I love my mom for her determination and dedication. I have so many wonderful memories from growing up with her. She is a true blessing. Now, she is the grandma to my two step-sons. I love seeing her joy.








No comments:

Post a Comment