Friday, May 30, 2014

Twist on Garlic Bread

We are at the tail end of our last groceries. I have been searching through the pantry and freezer for meals. For dinner tonight, I brought out one of my frozen meals. It was only spaghetti sauce and pasta. I wanted garlic bread to go with. I had bought some of those canned biscuits and there were a few rolls left.

  • I preheated the oven to 400 degrees and got out a 6 inch cake pan.
  • I got about 2 T of butter and put it in a large (microwave safe) bowl. I put the butter in the microwave to melt. I then sprinkled in some of my spice mix (equal parts garlic and onion powder with a dash of salt and pepper) and about 3 T of parmesan cheese. I mixed all of this together well.
  • I then cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. I added all to the bowl and tossed them in the garlic cheese butter sauce.
  • I dumped it into the 6 inch cake pan and baked for 11-13 minutes. The top peaks of biscuits were golden brown.
  • I then inverted it onto a dinner plate

I was pleasantly surprised! The edges were all crispy thanks to the parmesan cheese. Next time, I'll take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment