Sunday, April 26, 2015

Another puppy project

We are still working on puppy training so Cassie spends a few hours at a time in her kennel. She loves going in there and doesn't bark at all. I worry that she's not getting enough water though. I looked online and found several different bowl options. All were too pricey for me.

I like the idea of the DIY ones in the middle. I'm not a fan of the plastic though because Cassie is still a puppy and she LOVES to chew on everything. As for the bucket? I'm sure she would find a way to tip it over.

I decided to go another route. I saw a treat holder and wondered if I could adapt it to the crate.

I have to make this for Melo! The hook is perfect for his leash to hang on.

I started with a small loaf pan that I bought at a thrift store.




I flattened the back edge so that it will sit flush with the door of the crate.
I then bent down the remaining three sides to accept the

Then I went to the local hardware store and bought a large (7 inch) pipe clamp. You can buy whatever size needed to fit your bowl.

 3-1/16-in - 4-in Dia Galvanized Full Clamp
This is the result:
 I used my pliers and crimped the edge of the pan around the clamp.

My only complaint is that I think I put it too high up. She's growing fast though so I'm sure it will be the right height in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment