Friday, April 24, 2015

Furniture Friday

I decided to tackle an tall wooden cabinet as my next project. My husband has been asking me for a while and I'm just now feeling up to a project.

One Saturday afternoon, I transformed my magnet board into a coat rack. We enter our house through the garage and there just wasn't anywhere to hang stuff. We got the shoe rack from my great aunt. It doesn't match but is functional for now.

The board used to look similar to this:


I sanded off most of the black and then stained over the top. I added 5 hooks, one for each family member.

I needed to match this frame for the cabinet.

Here's what I started with:
 I sanded it down and used some black spray paint. I tried to make sure that my spray was random and not patterned.


 Then I added the stain! I didn't stain the inside because I was running low on stain and want to make sure that the exterior looks good.
Now for the finishing touches:
 Talk about a big change! I love it!

Now for the next project....

No comments:

Post a Comment