Sunday, April 19, 2015

I'm back... and have lots of projects in the works

Things have been pretty hectic for me lately. I was in a car accident this past November and subsequently needed shoulder surgery. My husband's health continues to decline and he is in desperate need of back surgery. He is currently not working due to the pain he experiences and the doctors have determined that working will only make his back worse.

As a result of this, we have been on a fundraising campaign. My mom's cousin's generously donated a Yamaha Clavinova electric piano for us to sell. Their grandson decided that he'd rather use it as an art piece instead of playing the piano. There are a few scratches on the top that need to be fixed before we can sell it.

I searched Pinterest for help with this project. I chose to try the crayon method since I have some on hand.



Here's the before:

And the after:


Verdict? I think the crayon worked well on the smaller scratches but not the larger ones.

Tomorrow I'll be heading to Home Depot to find a better fix.

Next project is..... refinishing a piano bench. My mom's cousins brought the bench to match the electric piano and also another one. I can't wait to start on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment